Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in City of Vancouver & they are Hiring Candidates for Code Enforcement Officer
Company Name : City of Vancouver
Company Location : Vancouver, WA
Job Position : Code Enforcement Officer
Job Category : Jobs in Washington
Job Description :
5,349.00 – 6,836.00
To perform a variety of duties involved in the investigation of potential violations and the enforcement of municipal codes, ordinances and regulations such as minimum property maintenance, work without permits, unhabitable structures, illegal tree removal, junk vehicles, and illegal encampments.
This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt union position. This position is covered under the provisions of an agreement between the City and Joint Labor Coalition – Plumbers and Steamfitters. The schedule for this position is M-F, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Open until filled. First review on October 19, 2022.
- Investigate complaints of violation of City code, appropriate zoning ordinances, sign regulation and related laws, ordinances, or codes; issue courtesy notices, notices of violation, citations, correction notices, and stop work orders to ensure compliance; conduct follow up investigations to ensure compliance with applicable codes and ordinances
- Maintain files and records related to citations and violations; prepare a variety of written reports, memoranda and correspondence.
- Provide information to general public, business community, internal departments and other agencies regarding codes, laws and ordinances; respond to questions, complaints and inquiries. Represent the department to various citizens/citizen groups, other departments and agencies
- Respond to complaints of abandoned vehicles; determine ownership of vehicle; tag and arrange for towing of vehicle if appropriate; complete necessary paperwork.
- Prepare documentation for submission to the City Attorney to file complaint for noncompliance; testify in court on behalf of the City.
- Investigate complaints relating to unsafe structures; prepare notices for the abatement of dangerous buildings; seek contractor bids to demolish unsafe structures; oversee on site work to code specifications.
- Must be able to complete technical writing assignments relevant to enforcement case.
- Work with homeless camping taskforce in responding to illegal campsites or storage of belongings as needed.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Two (2) years of related experience in code inspection and/or enforcement or similar field involving criminal or civil enforcement.
- Equivalent to a HS Diploma/GED.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Basic skills in permit and inspection tracking database systems; experience preferred with Hansen, Project DOX, GIS and Hummingbird;
- Basic skills in electronic review software
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain AACE Zoning Inspector or ICC Property Maintenance and Housing Code Inspector within one (1) year of hire.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws that pertain to: minimum property maintenance, building safety, permits required, land use, environmental damage, and neighborhood livability
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Use of personal computers and basic software
- Principles, practices, methods and techniques of code violation investigation and enforcement.
- City codes, ordinances, laws and regulations pertaining to code enforcement.
- Interpret and apply State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Maintain and update records, logs and reports.
- Enforce pertinent codes, ordinances, laws and regulations with impartiality and efficiency in sometimes volatile situations.
- Respond to inquiries, complaints and requests for service in a fair, tactful and firm manner.
- Make independent decisions involving sensitive situations.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and appropriate software
- Work in a manner consistent with the City of Vancouver’s Operating Principles
- Work and act as a team player in all interactions with other City employees
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work
- Develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others
- Consistently provide quality service
- Maintain regular and dependable attendance
Open Until Filled
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in