Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Tabitha & they are Hiring Candidates for Clinical Registered Dietitian
Company Name : Tabitha
Company Location : Lincoln, NE 68510
Job Position : Clinical Registered Dietitian
Job Category : Jobs in Nebraska
Job Description :
TABITHA’S PURPOSE: We empower people to live joyfully, age gratefully.
- Responsible for clinical scope of practice which includes: Nutrition screening, assessments and reassessments, medical nutrition therapy, care plan development/implementation, counseling or diet instruction, evaluation and collaboration with speech pathologist, development of clinical nutrition standards of practice. Requires attention to detail and intense concentration skills.
- Responsible to comply with Federal and State regulations.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with Seniors/clients, Senior/client families, nursing TEAMembers and other departments, dietary TEAMembers and physicians. Reports significant changes to appropriate department.
- Individually adjusts Seniors’/clients’ diets to achieve optimum nutritional status.
- Performs tasks according to established time measures.
- Creates and maintains documentation in the electronic medical record for the services provided to Seniors in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assists in proper administration of special diets/consistencies.
- Follows all safety and infection control policies and practices of the facility.
- Works as scheduled by the Administrator responsible for the community where assigned.
- Remains current on research, products, and trends in nutrition and uses that information in administering diets and giving diet instructions. Requires teaching skills and ability to develop education program material.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by Administrator.
- Provides nutrition education to Senior/client and /or resident family.
- Assists with the training of dietetic interns, diet tech students, and diet tech.
- Participates in personal and professional growth by attending mandatory in-services, meetings and seminars.
- Responsible for inspection of assigned off –site kitchens, attending and preparing Senior/client care plans, and Senior/client care plan based on the philosophy of care in each residential and/or traditional environment.
- Prioritizes assignments to complete care for Senior/clients in allotted time making adjustments throughout shift to meet frequently changing and overlapping Senior/client/caregiver/TEAMember/manager needs. Utilizes strength, agility and stamina to carry out all essential functions safely and effectively. Willingly takes on additional duties during times of peak workload or in response to Senior/client requests.
- Uses strength, agility and dexterity to gain access to each Senior’s/client’s home, carrying needed equipment into and out of the home.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations regarding privacy by insuring that Protected Health Information (PHI) is safeguarded at all times. In addition, maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding any matter pertaining to any Tabitha Seniors/clients.
- Consistently uses strength, agility and good body mechanics when performing essential functions, follows appropriate safety and infection control policies and procedures of Tabitha and/or community and regulatory agencies.
- Assures reports of broken and malfunctioning equipment are made in a timely manner.
- Follows disaster plans and uses strength and agility during participation in preparedness drills and actual emergencies. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Completes required training and in-services promptly. Demonstrates understanding of the course content and implements training in daily activities.
- Makes good decisions that contribute to the well-being of the Seniors/clients.
- Performs work duties within the assigned work environment related to the position, as assigned by Tabitha, regardless of TEAMember preference.
- Maintains courteous relationship with supervisors, TEAMembers, Seniors/clients, family members, loved ones, TEAMembers of other departments and volunteers, providing support and assistance to TEAMembers to assure quality Senior/client care. Volunteers to assist others, seeks opportunities to serve Seniors/clients/loved ones/TEAMembers/Tabitha. Demonstrates the ability to listen to Senior/client, TEAMembers, caregiver, family concerns and take appropriate action.
- Participates in meetings and in-services on both department and company levels.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality as defined by Tabitha’s policy pertaining to attendance and punctuality. Records all time worked accurately and consistently using the timekeeping method provided by Tabitha.
- Complies with Tabitha policies and procedures as published by Tabitha and which may be modified at Tabitha’s discretion. Contributes to quality assurance and performance improvement activities by identifying instances of non-compliance and taking appropriate action, including reporting violations of Tabitha policy or regulations as appropriate.
- Acts with integrity and in the best interest of Tabitha. Business relationships are conducted in the best interest of Tabitha, free of gifts, cash inducements, gratuities, favors, or other improper inducements.
- Willingly takes on additional duties and/or assignments, assisting with projects and responding to requests as assigned or as necessary.
As a member of the Tabitha team, I will…
COMMUNICATION: Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language including terminology related to the job. Sufficient fluency to be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, provide instruction to others, read and understand a plan of care, policies, procedures or other similar documentation, interact successfully with Seniors/clients/caregivers, hold a conversation, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails or other written communication, prepare legible, accurate and thorough documentation as required by the job and effectively interact with TEAMembers, customers, vendors, volunteers, managers and family members. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to respond calmly and clearly to emergencies and emotional situations. Ability to read a map and/or utilize a GPS system and/or follow instructions in order to find Senior/client home.
WORKSITE CONDITIONS: Works indoors in a facility maintained by Tabitha that will typically be in good repair, clean, well ventilated and well lit. Frequent exposure to heat/steam (in bath facility), dust, disinfectants, infectious waste, communicable diseases, bodily fluids, blood borne pathogens, cleaning products, personal care products. Frequent exposure to noise from call lights, phones, walkie talkies. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of Seniors/clients. Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals. Occasional exposure to outdoors and the resulting extremes in temperature and exposure to sun, rain, heat, cold, wind, allergens. Frequent interaction with Seniors/clients, TEAMembers, visitors, representatives of government agencies, etc. under all conditions and circumstances. This will include exposure to Seniors/clients, family members and coworkers who may experience extremes in emotions. Seniors/clients, in particular, may become agitated or combative. Works beyond normal scheduled hours and on weekends and holidays when assigned. Is subject to extended hours or callback during emergency conditions or based upon needs of the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to move about the work area. Ability to work at a computer for hours at a time. Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Physical stamina with the ability to perform duties while moving about the work area for the entire shift with few opportunities to sit down and with little or no break between tasks. Vision and hearing within normal limits (with or without correction). Must have unrestricted lift/push/pull ability and pass a 25 – pound physical exam demonstrating strength and agility prior to employment and at Tabitha’s discretion.
EQUIPMENT USAGE: Standard and specialized equipment including but not limited to telephone, computer, electronic devices, and photocopier. Must be knowledgeable in the operation of commercial food service equipment.
AGE REQUIREMENT: At least age 18.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree form an accredited institution. B.S. in Foods and Nutrition or equivalent. Must have completed an internship or equivalent. Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), a credentialing body of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in clinical or administrative dietetics required, preferably in Long Term Care.
CREDENTIALS: Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD or RDN) required. Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) preferred. Licensed Medical Nutrition Therapist (LMNT) from the State of Nebraska required. Valid Nebraska Driver’s license (unless otherwise allowed by law) and a good driving record required. Must possess auto insurance at or above Nebraska statutory requirements. Must meet Tabitha’s vaccination requirements.
STATEMENT OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Tabitha Health Care Services is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices and decisions including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and the termination of employment.
Furthermore, Tabitha Health Care Services will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk. Please contact Tabitha Health Care Services Human Resources Department to request an accommodation.
As a government contractor, the organization has adopted written Affirmative Action Plans for women and minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. These plans will be revised on an annual basis. Tabitha Health Care Services is committed to making a good-faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the Plans. Any employee who would like to review the Plans may do so by scheduling an appointment with the Human Resources Department during normal business hours.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in