Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Rimkus & they are Hiring Candidates for Civil Engineer (Omaha)
Company Name : Rimkus
Company Location : Lincoln, NE
Job Position : Civil Engineer (Omaha)
Job Category : Jobs in Nebraska
Job Description :
Provides forensic, consulting services requiring civil/structural engineering expertise for insurance, legal, industrial and other clients, under general guidance from senior level engineer. Assesses and determines the cause and origin of structural failures and construction defects. Provides oral and written reports of findings and, when needed, expert testimony. Manages multiple projects. Evaluates and reviews design and field engineering changes during construction; ensures work quality and adherence to specifications; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs forensic assignments within the field of civil/structural engineering expertise based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
- Field Investigations: Study and determine the cause and origin of construction defects or structural failures.
- Produces written forensic reports detailing the causes and origins of construction defects and/or structural failures.
- Manages multiple projects. Coordinates geotechnical and other support to produce client reports in timely manner.
- Ensures that procedure is being followed and checks on safety features of the project during the time it is being completed.
- Uses many different equations, applications and figures to ensure the proper procedure application. Items that must take part in and use include chemical testing applications, drafting and design software, electrical test devices and equipment, land surveying techniques and the metric system, to name just a few pertinent items.
- Follows land use laws and regulations every step of the way.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
Required Education and Certifications
- B.S. Civil Engineering degree or higher.
- E.I. T required; P.E. desired.
- 0 – 5+ years of experience.
- Project Management and/or Field Investigation experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have high level of analytical skills. Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical reports or journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write scopes-of-work, budget estimates, schedules, reports of findings, proposals, general correspondence, and other technical documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external clients. Capable of effectively presenting information to top management, clients, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Physical Demands, Overtime, and Travel Requirements
Physical Demands – Work is performed both in an office setting and at outside locations (i.e. Client’s office, industrial, construction, and/or residential sites). Employee is frequently required to stand, walk on slope roofs, sit, climb ladders, bend, climb inside attics and crawl under homes and tunnels, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and drive a motor vehicle to job sites. Employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be sharp, focused, and alert when conducting site inspections, speaking and interacting with clients, preparing written reports of findings, and testifying in deposition or trial. Clear vision and depth perception are also necessary.
Overtime – This position is classified as salaried with an exempt FLSA status. Regular working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch. There will be periods where overtime will be required, which the employee will need to comply with in order to meet the demands of the position.
Travel Requirements – This position requires up to 25% travel. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT OR A GUARANTEE OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in