Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Merola Tile & they are Hiring Candidates for Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Company Name : Merola Tile
Company Location : Englishtown, NJ 07726
Job Position : Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Job Category : Jobs in New Jersey
Job Description :
Merola Tile is a leading national tile distributor that proudly imports high quality, on-trend and emotionally inspiring tiles from around the world to suit a diverse flooring market.
The NJ Division of Merola Tile employs approximately 125 people and distributes tile in the U.S. and Canada through The Home Depot, independently owned tile showrooms, and numerous e-commerce retailers under the Merola Tile, SomerTile, and Elite Tile brand names. SomerTile has been recognized as one of the INC 5000’s fastest growing companies for 3 years straight and named one of New Jersey’s Top Workplaces of 2019, 2020, and 2021.
The Chief Financial Officer is an executive level position reporting to the CEO & Chairman of the Board. The CFO serves as a strategic business partner to the executive team leading the planning and management of the financial performance of the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization
- Identify, acquire, and oversee implementation of systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Communicate, engage, and interact with Executive Leadership Teams
- Financial management of the company’s stock ownership transition program
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s strategic plan for growth and expansions
- Select and engage financial consultants, auditors, and vendors
- Oversee the management of the company fleet
- Recruit interview and hire staff as required
Financial Anal*ysis*, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop and maintain annual corporate budget
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget and weekly cash flow
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget
- Participate in regular meetings with Lenders, Vendors, and Executive Leadership Team
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Support the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for company’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of financial statements
- Lead the planning, preparation, and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns
- Review month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Planning/Organizing—Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Visionary leadership—Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
· Strategic thinking—Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Quality management
· Project management—Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Strong problem-solving skills–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Cost consciousness—Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Innovation—Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and twist without restrictions
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
COMPANY CORE VALUES
Merola Tile Fundamentals
We stay true to our mission statement “Improving Homes. Improving Lives.” With our product we improve homes, but it is with our collective effort that we improve lives. Our Fundamentals describe the values, behaviors, principles, and practices that are the foundation of our unique workplace. It explains how we relate to each other, our clients, and even our suppliers. It’s who we are, and it’s what drives our extraordinary success. It’s our commitment to each other to improve our lives
Merola Tile Brands, Benefits, & Perks:
- You’ll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, respectful and fun.
- Merola Tile Fundamentals, we stay true to our mission statement “improving homes, improving lives” through our 32 fundamentals.
- 6 Paid Federal holiday
- Paid Time Off earned and accrued from first day
- Competitive salary, and bonus structure
- 401(K) eligibility after one month, with company match
- Healthcare Benefits including dental and vision
- Employer Paid Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation accrued from first day
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee discount on tile and stoneware after six (6) months
- Merit-based performance review given after first ninety (90) days with the company
- Company culture events like BBQ’s, Ugly Sweater day, t-shirt making events and Halloween costume contest
- Weekly lunches from local businesses
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Englishtown, NJ 07726: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in