Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in American Red Cross & they are Hiring Candidates for Business Operations Specialist (Denver, CO)
Company Name : American Red Cross
Company Location : Denver, CO 80203
Job Position : Business Operations Specialist (Denver, CO)
Job Category : Jobs in Colorado
Job Description :
Our disaster volunteers are the heart and soul of our mission to respond to emergencies and provide relief to victims of disasters. They serve in a number of capacities, including Disaster Action Team Member, Disaster Assessment, Caseworker, Mass Care Feeding, Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV) Driver, Shelter Manager/Staff, Disaster Health Services and Disaster Mental Health.
1. Financial & Administrative Reporting: Provides administrative budget monitoring and expenditure review regarding expenses including approval of regional procurement transactions. Collaborates with department leaders to ensure that programs are executed within budget. Ensures location processes are established and functioning for all cash and card transactions. Prepares and analyzes data for monthly forecasting of expenses for department directors. Provides guidance and data for grant reporting. Responds to internal/external requests for information and/or documentation and delegates as appropriate to volunteers for input, tracking or reporting. Acts as Region point of contact for FOCIS information. Develops and oversees maintenance and distribution of consistent regional operations processes and procedures. Advises COO/CAO of findings and recommendations.
2. Facilities/Asset Management Oversight: Coordinates activities of the facility in regard to maintenance. Approves and ensures repairs are completed within budget and appropriate system is used to pay vendors. Develops and maintains relationships with vendors supporting each physical location. Obtains proposals for potential new vendors. Provides and analyzes information/data needed for developing Business Plans for real estate transactions. Collaborates with region management to ensure business office operations achieve objectives and performance targets. Is liaison with other sectors for shared facilities/assets. Analyzes risk management system with current values/status as appropriate.
3. Volunteer Supervision and Coordination: Provides direction and training to volunteers to handle the administrative transactions necessary for the business, ensuring that their efforts are well-coordinated with the strategic business goals. Evaluates volunteer performance. Plans work schedules, assigns or delegates work daily.
4. Fleet Management Support: Analyzes fleet inventory records. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Manages and trains volunteers regarding the filing and maintenance of insurance claims and follow up with estimates/repairs. Is liaison with Fleet Management in other sectors.
5. Events: Participates in planning events meetings. Trains volunteers to prepare insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
6. Lead Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services: Trains staff in use of business software application systems. Expedites escalations for regional phone and computer issues. Assures appropriate level of assistance for expediting tech services requests.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout region and/or chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration required. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
Experience: Minimum 4 years’ financial or facilities business operations/administrative experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
A Bachelor’s degree combined with 2 years related experience may substitute for the years of education/experience indicated previously.
Management Experience: Prefer minimum 6 months experience supervising employees or volunteers.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
Other: Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
Travel: Travel is required throughout the Region. Some out-of-region travel may also be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in