Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Penobscot Indian Nation & they are Hiring Candidates for Business Manager
Company Name : Penobscot Indian Nation
Company Location : Old Town, ME 04468
Job Position : Business Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Maine
Job Description :
Position Title: Business Manager
Department: Social Services
Reports To: Social Services Director
Rate of Pay/Category: $23.11 – $35.29/ Program Staff D
Status/Term: Full-time, Exempt
The Business Manager assumes primary responsibility for management of all financial operations of the Social Services Department. This position assists with oversight of all activity for an 18 program Department with approximately 23 funding streams and a staff of 20 or more employees.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Prepares accrual data and cost reports as needed for the Social Services Department including, but not limited to, General Assistance Reimbursement, CITGO receipts and analysis of funds.
- Oversees preparation of trial balances, budget status reports, and cost projections.
- Reviews all financial data prior to its distribution to staff, tribal officials, funding agencies, and others.
- Assists Social Services Director during all audits.
- Maintains data for quarterly and yearly federal reporting mandates and assists Director in timely submission of reports.
- Maintains cash flow in all accounts in concurrence with the Director, including all departmental accounts payable and receivable.
- Assists with all contractual and funding agreement negotiations.
- Relays information to the Director on Social Service budgetary policies/procedures.
- Develops appropriate procedures for the financial management system.
- Revises accounting system as needed for program modification and new activities.
- Provides financial information and budget preparation assistance to staff as needed.
- Provides information on a timely basis to all staff regarding changes in financial regulations and procedures.
- Ensures the development, negotiation and compliance of all grants, contracts and agreements in the Social Services Department.
- Provides for the completion of all financial and programmatic reports on a timely basis as required for submission to outside agencies and the Tribal Chief and Council.
- Assumes responsibility for following confidentiality procedures as outlined in the Privacy Act and applicable regulations.
- Travels extensively as required.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of Penobscot Nation goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable attendance/punctuality standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs other related tasks, as requested.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (education required/preferred, skills required/preferred, years of experience required/preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree in, Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Ability to comprehend and interpret a variety of documents including federal reports, program case records, statutes and statistics required. Computer proficiency required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel & Access required. Minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience working with grants preferred. Valid State of Maine Driver’s license required. Candidate must undergo a character investigation, including a criminal background check as required by P.L. 101-630. Must successfully pass pre-employment screenings as stated in the Penobscot Nation Policies and Procedures. Indian preference will be adhered to in accordance with the Penobscot Nation’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES/REGISTRATIONS: (driver’s license, professional licensing/certification)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/CONDITIONS/REQUIREMENTS: (physical requirements of position, job environment/conditions)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, run, reach overhead, grasp, push, climb, pull, use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, controls, or equipment. The employee must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pre-employment physical will be conducted in accordance with the Penobscot Nation Personnel Policies and Procedures. Native American preference will be adhered to in accordance with the Penobscot Nation Personnel Policies and Procedures
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis upon request
How to Apply:
We do not accept Indeed Applications. For a Penobscot Nation application please visit the website below. Send applications to Human.Resources at Penobscotnation.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.11 – $35.29 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Old Town, ME 04468: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Supervising experience: 1 year (Required)
- Grant writing: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in