Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Candlewick Press & they are Hiring Candidates for Book Designer
Company Name : Candlewick Press
Company Location : Somerville, MA 02144
Job Position : Book Designer
Job Category : Jobs in Massachusetts
Job Description :
- Conceptualize and execute the design of book interiors, jackets and covers across all genre (including bilingual and foreign editions; as well as imprint titles when specified).
- Follow Candlewick’s aesthetic, design standards and house styles.
- Contribute to the illustrator and photography selection process through active awareness and interest in photographers, artists, art styles; as well as picture book design and contemporary fiction cover design.
- Attend Illustrator Search Meetings and contribute to the discussion taking into consideration current trends and the Candlewick aesthetic.
- Work closely with art directors, illustrators, editors and production controllers throughout the bookmaking process from development to printed books.
- Manage schedules and communication/art direction with illustrators.
- Provide color mock ups of book jackets and interiors for presentation. Present covers at weekly covers meetings.
- Plan and pace picture books, working through sketch dummy stages to final layouts.
- Proactively circ all stages of book layouts following pub list schedules.
- Collaborate with the graphic production dept. and the production dept. to identify potential art reproduction issues and discuss book formats regarding what size, shape, material best suits each project, budget, and the market.
- Establish and adhere to schedules from design concept, through associated sales materials to final files for production and digital archiving.
- Approve color proofs of book jackets and interiors with attention to the reproduction quality of the original art. Attend press checks.
- Maintaining a current sense of design trends and familiarity with target audiences to understand consumer needs and preferences.
- Advocate for the illustrator in regards to how their art is represented and reproduced; as well as being responsible for the proper treatment and handling of the art.
- Attend all relevant meetings related to the design and production of assigned projects.
- Follow the pdf factory/image work flow guidelines for creating PDF’s to be accessed at key stages by the sales, marketing and the foreign rights departments.
- Initiate artist payment requests at key stages in the bookmaking process.
- Proficient MacIntosh Operating System user. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in InDesign text design tools and typography for complex in-house
Deadline oriented, ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Proficient knowledge of book production processes from conception to publication.
- Proficient knowledge of typography and typesetting.
- Advanced art direction skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and accept constructive criticism.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Advanced knowledge of four-color and black & white printing processes
- Scanning and color correcting.
- Comprehensive design portfolio is required
- Book publishing or related experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for book design, typography and children’s book illustration.
- Possess a positive, team player attitude.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, design degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected], referencing “Book Designer”
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in