Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Adventure Scientists & they are Hiring Candidates for Associate Director of Finance and Operations
Company Name : Adventure Scientists
Company Location : Bozeman, MT 59715
Job Position : Associate Director of Finance and Operations
Job Category : Jobs in Montana
Job Description :
Associate Director of Finance and Operations
Who we are
Adventure Scientists designs, builds, and manages field data collection projects at scale, which accelerates solutions to urgent conservation challenges. Our model engages a broader audience in the STEM fields, as we recruit and train outdoor-volunteers to collect high-quality data and become informed ambassadors for environmental issues. We enable our partners to ask broader questions and make larger strides more quickly to address environmental issues.
We envision a world in which people live in balance with nature.
Our Commitment to Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (EIJ)
Adventure Scientists strives to create an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and safe engaging with our work, regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, age, past or current military service, marital status, parental status, religion, socio-economic status, immigration status, or other identity.
- Our annual budget is ~$2.75M and growing. This is sourced from a combination of fee-for-service revenue, partnerships, and philanthropic donors.
- Our partners span international organizations, government agencies, NGOs, academia, and industry and include National Geographic, the World Economic Forum, World Resources Institute, the US Forest Service, Harvard Medical School, and many more.
- Our work has helped thwart illegal timber harvests, helped restore extirpated species to their home ranges, gathered the largest dataset on Earth for microplastics, and advanced the identification of the genes responsible for antibiotic resistance. You can learn more about our work here.
- We focus on aspects of climate, biodiversity, freshwater, and forests.
The Finance and Operations Opportunity
As a full-time member of our operations team, you will play a key role supporting our mission to ensure the availability of critical field data that accelerates conservation and climate solutions.
This individual will report directly to the Head of People.
- Lead our financial processes from forecasting to budgeting to bookkeeping to reporting.
- Oversee payroll, expense reporting, employee reimbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly closes and indirect cost allocations.
- Ensure accurate accounting throughout the year with periodic and annual audits.
Business Operations and Legal
- Manage our office, company scheduling, bookings, and logistics.
- Oversee operational matters including contracts, and nonprofit compliance to maintain our 501(c)(3) status and top-tier NGO ratings.
- Partner with the Head of People to ensure staff and contractors have easy access to their compensation and benefits.
We are looking for
- An experienced financial manager with an understanding of nonprofit accounting principals.
- A self-starter who is highly-organized and who enjoys juggling a lot —no one would ever call you a one-trick pony.
- A tech-savvy operations specialist who constantly seeks growth and learning.
- A data-organizer who has experience maintaining digital file structures.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Direct communicator with entrepreneurial vision, growth mindset, and a strong bias towards action
- Creative thinker that works cross-functionally to navigate and overcome complex obstacles while being collaborative, open, direct, and transparent with supervisors
- High degree of integrity and trustworthiness
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility with immense care for details
- Strong desire to join and assist in the growth of a fast-paced, young, dynamic nonprofit organization
- Willingness to operate with a team mentantailty and step outside of their role as requested
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Adventure Scientists’ right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Location and Compensation
This is a full-time position that will be based at our offices in Bozeman, MT from the United States. Relocation package offered for the right applicant. This position will be expected to occasionally travel, work on weekends or at night.
Salary for this role ranges from $72,000 – $82,000 dependent on experience. We offer a generous and flexible benefits package, including healthcare, retirement plan with employer matching, personal and professional development fund opportunities, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, student loan relief, and paid powder days. Additional perks include part-time work-from-home opportunities, sabbaticals for long-tenured employees, and access to pro deals. Plus, we have a dog-friendly office, so you are invited to bring your best friend to work!
To apply, please visit our website. Direct questions about the application to Pearl Michalson – Desired start date upon completion of a successful search.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 – $82,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in