Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Tennessee & they are Hiring Candidates for ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER – 11032022-39366
Company Name : State of Tennessee
Company Location : Nashville, TN 37243
Job Position : ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER – 11032022-39366
Job Category : Jobs in Tennessee
Job Description :
LOCATION OF (1) POSITION(S) TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF COMMISSION ON CHILDREN & YOUTH, DAVIDSON COUNTY
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under direction, is responsible for professional staff administrative and managerial work of considerable difficulty in support of line operations; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the highest class in the Admin Services Assistant sub-series. An employee in this class directs a very large professional and sub professional staff support unit or acts as full deputy to an Assistant Commissioner with the most significant management responsibility. Employees in this class have major impact on complex policy development, implementation and evaluation, financial and budgetary control, organization and staffing, and planning activities in their respective agencies. This class differs from that of Admin Services Assistant 5 in that incumbents of the latter perform work of lesser responsibility, scope, and impact. This class differs from that of more specialized classes that direct administrative services related and analytic functions in that incumbents of the latter perform these duties within a specific, limited field and direct specialized analytic rather than generalized operations.
- Manages a program function such as fiscal services, budgeting, grants administration, contract management and administration, procurement, property administration, space planning and management, personnel, stores, records management, mail, printing, public information, information systems, and general research with independent control over grants and/or contracts of very significant complexity and monetary value.
- Supervises the preparation and maintenance of a variety of pertinent complex operational, financial, personnel, and/or technical records and reports.
- Directs the analysis of the organization, economy, efficiency, and quality of agency operations and services to make recommendations for improvements.
Monitoring and Controlling Resources:
- Prepares budgets for the agency.
- Reviews, analyzes, and controls operating budgets of significant complexity.
- Conducts grant development, administration, and monitoring to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Monitors the agency’s purchase orders to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
Developing Objectives and Strategies:
- Independently develops policies and procedures for implementing new or modifying existing administrative services programs and activities.
- Assists top executives in developing, implementing, and enforcing major policies and procedures affecting an agency as a whole or a significant segment of the public.
Performing Administrative Activities:
- Directs the performance of a variety of general staff administrative duties to support program operations in a large and complex operating department.
- Plans programs to meet agency objectives.
- Performs human resources administration in one or more of the following areas: employee relations, affirmative action, recruitment, employee development, and training.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Handles very difficult negotiations to resolve complex problems or issues.
- Interprets pertinent policies and procedures to resolve problems.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Serves as a liaison between the agency and persons of substantially high rank in order to explain, interpret, and enforce pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and edits organizational publications for a variety of audiences.
- Makes presentations to representative groups and the general public to inform them on administrative matters.
Staffing Organizational Units:
- Makes recommendations on staff employment, retention, promotion, demotion, and other human resources actions.
- Prepares records and reports of a difficult nature requiring considerable staff knowledge and expertise.
- Reviews records, reports, and research in order to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to standards.
- Maintains agency records based on established guidelines.
- Communicates managerial directives to program operations to ensure their enforcement.
- Communicates project status or other relevant information to top executives on a regular basis.
- Studies operations and services to make suggestions to management for improvements.
- Interprets and enforces existing policies and methods.
- Analyzes pertinent policies and procedures to make recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzes the organization, economy, efficiency, and quality of agency operations and services to make recommendations for improvements.
- Supervises supervisory staff.
- Writes job plans to ensure performance objectives are established.
- Conducts performance evaluations to provide feedback on employee performance.
- Conducts research in one or more of the following areas to obtain relevant information: fiscal, economic, non-technical legal, legislative, and publications.
- Makes work assignments to staff in order to achieve agency objectives.
- Utilizes appropriate computer programs to accomplish administrative activities.
- Trains subordinate staff.
- Written Communications
- Integrity and Trust
- Priority Setting
- Dealing with Paradox
- Technical Learning
- Presentation Skills
- Command Competencies
- Standing Alone
- Ethics and Values
- Administrative and Management
- Communications and Media
- Computers and Electronics
- Economics and Accounting
- English Language
- Law and Government
- Principles and Methods for Education and Training
- Principles and Procedures of Human Resources
- Providing Customer Service
- Public Safety and Security
- Sales and Marketing
- Active Learning and Listening
- Complex Negotiation
- Complex Problem Solving
- Coordination of Administrative Activities
- Critical Thinking
- Equipment Maintenance
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Management of Financial Resources
- Management of Material Resources
- Management of Personnel Resources
- Reading Comprehension
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
- Systems Analysis
- Time Management
- Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
- Oral Expression and Comprehension
- Perceptual Speed
- Problem Sensitivity
- Selective Attention
- Time Sharing
- Written Expression and Comprehension
Tools and Equipment Used
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
- Retail Sales Equipment
- Other Office Related Equipment as Required
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in