Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Charter Township of Bloomfield & they are Hiring Candidates for Accounting Clerk
Company Name : Charter Township of Bloomfield
Company Location : Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Job Position : Accounting Clerk
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
We are looking for a part time Accounting Clerk for our Accounting Department to begin in January 2023. We anticipate the hours to average about 25 hours per week. Our office is open Monday through Thursday from 7am to 5:30pm. We are closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Performs the entire accounts payable process from receiving invoices to issuing payments for all Township departments. Solves any outstanding problems or issues with vendors or vendor invoices. Processes all invoice payments in check or ACH form including preparing and mailing the checks, and loading the positive pay files into the banking system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
· Retrieves, codes, enters and files invoices from all departments in a quick but accurate manner.
· Verifies all invoices are in compliance with the purchasing policy before issuing payment.
· Maintains vendor files, other various documents, and the storage and retention of documents.
· Follows up on invoices with questions and clarifications as necessary.
· Prepares reimbursement reports for Road Commission for Oakland County.
· Answers questions via phone from co-workers, staff, vendors, or residents.
· Maintains storage of documents and retention schedules.
· Maintains petty cash.
· Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
· Associate’s Degree or 2 Years of College from an accredited college with major course work in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· 1 to 3 years’ experience
· Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
· Accounting principles including the ability to code invoices to the proper fund, department, and accounts
· Governmental chart of accounts and basic accounting practices
· Relevant Bloomfield Township and departmental policies and procedures
· Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
· English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
· Performing a variety of duties, often with interruptions from phone calls or in-person discussions
· Use of computer software as applicable, such as spreadsheets, accounting programs, Microsoft Office, and enterprise resource software, etc.
· Use of a multi-line phone system, dual-screen computer, and other office equipment such as copiers, scanners, postage machine, document folding machine, and calculators, etc.
· Accurately organize and maintain paper document and electronic files
· Perform and complete multiple duties concurrently and in a timely manner
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
· Prioritize tasks to meet schedules and deadlines of the work
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Accounts payable: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in