1099 Insurance Loss Control Inspector – Michigan job vacancy in Sedgwick – Jobs in Michigan

Looking for a New Job? jrfoods.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Sedgwick & they are Hiring Candidates for 1099 Insurance Loss Control Inspector – Michigan

Job Details
Company Name : Sedgwick
Company Location : Michigan
Job Position : 1099 Insurance Loss Control Inspector – Michigan
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan

Job Description :

Insurance Loss Control Inspector

Sedgwick has more than 50 years of experience helping organizations navigate the increasingly complex risk and productivity management environment. We provide loss control services for more than 300 clients and offer expertise in all lines of coverage and virtually every industry. We enlist our network of more than 700 independent loss control representatives for assignments nationwide. We are looking for independent (1099) loss control contractors to perform commercial underwriting inspections.


Sedgwick’s independent loss control consultants work to mitigate losses, protect property, and improve safety — helping clients lower the cost of insurance and improve their overall operating results.

Our loss control inspections range from smaller, check-list type surveys to full, narrative reports. We evaluate all lines of property and casualty insurance including worker’s compensation, general liability, property, commercial auto, and product and completed operations liability. Surveys or risk assessments can be monoline or multi-line and are assigned based on skill level and expertise.

Essential Functions and Responsibilities

  • Provide quality and timely risk control assessments and consultative services in order to lessen frequency and severity of claims for client policyholders, thus reducing odds for losses
  • Set own schedule to complete assignments in timely manner based on client service level agreements (SLAs)
  • Travel (physical only) to properties such as buildings, industrial operations, vehicles, and recreational facilities to evaluate physical conditions, safety practices and hazardous situations
  • Complete on-site inspections by observing business operations, evaluating management practices, and review past losses to determine if safety issues and hazards are adequately controlled
  • Identify hazards/areas of concern and document with photographs and measurements
  • Enter information gathered from surveys and inspections into Sedgwick’s web-based loss control system, mobile application, or our clients’ web-based system to create a loss control report. Information obtained, and system interaction will depend on the client requirements.

NOTE: The number and frequency of assignments may vary depending upon geographical location. Sedgwick assigns work based on skill set, territory and capacity requirements.

Sedgwick has a variety of client assignments that are paid on a flat rate or hourly rate (T&E) basis — depending on the size and scope of work. Our independent loss control representatives can decline any assignment they feel is not suitable for their skill level or fee requirements. Our quality control reviewers are paid a flat rate per assignment, and the rates vary by complexity of the survey.



  • Previous commercial insurance inspection experience
  • Ability to work a flexible, on-demand schedule, including availability during regular business hours throughout the work week
  • Physical loss control representatives must be able to travel within a reasonable territory (60 mile radius from their home/office is typical)
  • Equipment (provided by contractor):
  • Reliable transportation
  • Measuring device to determine building perimeter
  • Digital camera and camera pole for taking property photos
  • PC or laptop with Windows 10 or newer operating system
  • High Speed Internet Access

The following states have specific requirements for loss control representatives:

Arkansas – Field Service Representative (FSR) and an Approved Professional Safety Source (APSS) license required for workers’ compensation surveys

Missouri and Pennsylvania – Must be certified to complete Worker’s Compensation surveys

Preferred Qualifications

  • Experience conducting insurance casualty/risk assessment/property surveys
  • Thorough understanding of Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, Property and Auto Liability coverage (based on the type of assignments you prefer)
  • Any other relevant licenses and/or certifications are a plus


  • HS diploma or GED required


  • Minimum of one to five years of commercial insurance inspection or risk management experience, depending on the level of assignments

Skills and Knowledge

  • Self-starter with ability to work individually under limited and remote supervision
  • Ability to meet deadlines
  • PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
  • Exceptional verbal and written communication and consultative skills
  • Professional conduct and excellent interpersonal skills
  • Strong analytical and interpretive skills

NOTE: Motor vehicle record check, confirmed via a background screening, is required for this position.

The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a contractor assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.

Job Type: Contract


  • Flexible schedule


  • Day shift
  • Monday to Friday

COVID-19 considerations:


  • High school or equivalent (Required)


  • commercial insurance inspection: 1 year (Preferred)

Work Location: On the road

Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as jrfoods.in

Similar Posts